Looking for a way to pretty up your nails for Valentine’s Day? Try nail transfers to update your manicure in minutes.
You don’t need to have a steady hand for this easy nail art. With so many designs available you can pretend you spent hours painting your nails with these simple transfers.
Valentine’s Day Nail Art Tutorial
Start by painting your nail in your base colour. Allow 15 minutes to dry before applying nail transfers for the best results. My nails are painted in this pink-red ombre manicure.
What you need:
- Nail transfers (I’m using Cross Your Heart Art Class from Hello Darling)
- Small bowl of water
How to use nail transfers:
- Cut the transfer to fit your nail.
- Use tweezers to place the transfer in water for a few seconds. If it starts to sink you’ve left it too long. You just need to dampen the backing paper.
- Place the transfer on your nail and let the backing paper slip away. You can reposition the transfer while it’s still damp. Then press it down to remove any air bubbles or creases.
- Repeat for each nail and finish with a top coat to seal the transfer in place.
The designs you can create are only limited by your imagination so have fun with your nails!
Have you tried nail transfers? How are you wearing your nails for Valentine’s Day?