This quick and easy heart nail art is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Using washi tape, a Japanese masking tape that isn’t too sticky, you can cut any shape to create your own nail art.
I know it’s predictable, but these hearts are still cute for Valentine’s Day. Using a shredded or crackle polish keeps them from being too sickly sweet.
Nail Tutorial: Shredded Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- I’ve started with this pink-red ombre manicure, but pick your favorite shade for your base color. It’s best to let your polish dry for at least 15 minutes before applying the tape.
- Next take a small piece of washi tape, fold it in half and cut a small heart that fits your nail.
- Place the washi tape on your nail and press down to ensure a smooth edge.
- Paint a thin coat of your shredded polish. I used Maybelline Silver Stunner Shredded Topcoat. Only use one thin coat to make the most of the shredded effect. If you paint this polish too thick you won’t see the full effect.
- Remove the tape before the polish dries to ensure you get a clean edge to your heart.
How will you wear your nails for Valentine’s Day?