Do you suffer from dry or irritated cuticles? Try this easy and natural DIY nail treatment that will leave your hands and cuticles feeling soft and smooth.
This treatment comes from the fabulous Heather of Hello Darling nail polish. I was chatting on Instagram with Kim-Marie about cuticles and Heather suggested this fabulous DIY treatment which I tried immediately and I can attest it really works.
What you need
- Macadamia oil
- Powderless latex gloves
You can find macadamia oil at the supermarket or health food store. It’s also great in salad dressings.
Make sure you check the gloves that they are powder free. You can find boxes of disposable gloves at the pharmacy or drugstore.
DIY Macadamia Oil Hand and Cuticle Treatment
- Gently warm around 1/2 cup of macadamia oil on the stove or in the microwave.
- Pour the oil into your gloves and ensure it is equally distributed.
- Put your hands in the gloves for 20-30 minutes.
- Discard gloves and wash your hands in warm water.
- Enjoy your soft, delicious smelling hands.
- Go to the bathroom before doing this treatment. You want to relax and enjoy the hand treatment!
- Place a small towel on your lap to protect your clothes in case any oil comes out of the gloves.
- Gently massage your fingertips while wearing the gloves. This feels nice and makes sure all the oil is distributed to your nails.
What’s your trick for keeping your cuticles soft? Do you do any DIY hand treatments?
3 thoughts on “DIY Macadamia Oil Hand and Cuticle Treatment”
Yes, I tried this too and it is gold! It was an essential part of my Cuticle Bootcamp! x
Your cuticles look amazing now Kim-Marie! X